Sunday, July 29, 2007

Forest Fires!

For the past week there has been a forest fire just right up one of our mountains. I've heard people saying that it has been going on for about two weeks now. I haven't heard any helicopters flying around trying to put it out at all so I don't know why there not doing anything about it.
Here our some pictures of the forest fire from our house.



Here are some pictures. This is what we see in the day light. I think I took it yesterday.
You can't see much flames in the day but you can sure see the smoke. Our truck has a layer of ash all over it.


These are some of the pictures of what the fire looks like at night. At night you can see flames. These pictures were taken last night, from our house. From our house you can smell the smoke. Also you can smell the burning of trees. I really don't like that smell.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's definitely too close for comfort isn't it?

Luckily it seems like they're getting a handle on it now.... so you don't have to worry about evacuating anymore!! (hehe)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).